2501 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90404
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Role
The Roku Brand Studio (RBS) seeks an energetic and organized Branded Content Manager to join the team.
The Branded Content Manager (BCM) supports the Senior Branded Content Manager (SBCM) in executing all of the Brand Studio’s programs and responsibilities, in addition to leading the management of specific projects assigned by the SBCM. The BCM collaborates with RBS Creative and Production teams to successfully build, optimize, launch, and measure entertainment and marketing programs on the Roku platform in partnership with advertisers and their agencies.
RBS creates content in a variety of forms; from short-form promotional and info-tainment assets to children’s programing to short films, weekly shows, original formats and episodic series. RBS (including the BCM) also supports the Roku Originals, TRC Strategy and Sales teams in creating complimentary content and managing the creative / production / client process from sale to creation to launch.
RBS is very team oriented, we share projects, have a passion for creating TV-quality content and love working with a wide variety of different brand clients and departments within Roku. We inject positivity into everything we do, we like to have fun and say “yes.” We celebrate the convergence of advertising and entertainment, and feel Roku is the ideal platform for continuing to push the boundaries of what is possible in this exciting space.
For California Only – The estimated annual salary for this position is between $98,000 and $256,000 annually.
Compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, certifications, and specific geographical location.
This role is eligible for health insurance, equity awards, life insurance, disability benefits, parental leave, wellness benefits, and paid time off.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead internal project communication with internal cross-functional partners to optimize every step of the process, managing timelines, coordinating project information and assets (including cuts of content, key art, measurement statistics, PR / marketing information), tracking / maintaining the feedback loop for all stakeholders, and communicating with external partners (including talent and their representatives, advertisers, agencies) on behalf of RBS.
- The BCM, in collaboration with the SBCM, are the hub of information for all active RBS projects and are encouraged to bring POV to creation and optimization of our content and our partnerships. The BCM is expected to flag issues for leadership and make executive decisions as needed. The BCM organizes project details in an easy-to-understand manner and communicates effectively and efficiently. The BCM wraps each project in a way that it may be optimized for case studies, internal and B2B Roku marketing, awards submissions, PR and sales.
- Ideal candidates are organized, detail-oriented, able to help guide projects from ideation through execution. This role is fast-paced and at times, high volume. The role requires excellent verbal skills, seasoned leadership, and hands-on execution.
- The BCM should be a true team player with a positive attitude, is comfortable switching between multiple projects and being given strong direction. They are decisive, self-starting, self-sufficient and have a friendly, fun, yet highly professional approach. The BCM is someone who thrives on creative problem solving and functions as the glue between team members and departments.
We’re excited if you have
- 3+ years of experience in project management, branded content and the advertising / marketing / account management field
- Analytical, project management, and detail-oriented personality.
- Self-starter, comfortable working autonomously in fast-paced, growing environment.
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a company that’s changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn’t real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we’ve grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.